March 19, 2008

Outgoing…..I? …..How? Read on....


Thattt! That!!patt!

Wonder what? This was echo of beatings which I had got from my Dad only decades ago.

A day at school, I am in class 4 and the time is 4:00PM. Had been waiting for that long bell, so that I could run back home. And finally the wait comes to an end, bell rings, we students from our respective class are running towards the gate like gushing water and finally my friend and me are out of our school gate.
Everytime, we got intervals at school, we used to play kalla-police, catch the un-paired, and so many other interesting numbers which I don’t even re-call today after so many years.

Coming to the 4PM episode, the moment I bid bye I was lured up by my friend with playing and invited me home. I senselessly, said yes and started following her, not thinking of my parents back home, not bothering to inform them. (That was the time when several children went missing in that area).

I happily went to her house, threw my school bag aside, got into her clothes, and started playing with her. Three hours went past, and I was engrossed in our play totally, and in the meantime somewhere, somehow I could hear my Dad’s voice. Shivers started up in my spine…

Finally, there it was the worst day of my life…..there I was standing face to face with my Dad. Dad on one corner and I on the other. I could hardly look into his eyes. He thanked my friends parents and brought me back home. Mom, at home received me with an irritated look. She asked what had happened to me. I was filled with guilt that words weren’t coming out of my mouth but rather tears were, out of my eyes. In the meantime, Dad came in and without uttering a single word came to me and gave me 2-3 beatings.
Thatt! Thatt!Phatt!

That being the first time beaten by my Dad, my reaction was that of an innocent. Unwanted hues and cues. Once the situation was back to normal, I swore to myself never would I hurt my parents.

Over the years, even today I recall that particular daring incident of mine and the after-effects and laugh to myself. And now I realize, what a fool I had been then.

13 comments:

Sunil Kosuru said...

he he he, i am just picturising the event, i have been in similar situations too, once i had bunked tutions sat in a temple n got caught.
and the plays we used to play were
chat pat kala manna
dadda kere
ice pice.....

m.flowerr said...

@ sunny - those were the days isn't it?

Anonymous said...

my dad never used to hit me.. it was my mom who terrorised.. in such a similar situation i wud have peed in my pants.. hehe..

Anonymous said...

thats was a sweet little memory post.. gud work may..

ceedy said...

hehe

those days seem so ancient ;)

m.flowerr said...

@chriz - hehe...thanku thanku

@ceedy - haha..

Jaggu said...

Nice memories. And I love to go back to those days if i can..:). And i welcome you to my blog world..

m.flowerr said...

@jaggu - first time on my space? thanks for dropping by!
keep coming in!

Jaggu said...

sure...

Compassion Unlimitted said...

Those moments stay still as we grow..some bitter some pleasent and some as lessons learnt..nostalgic is it..nice ma
TC
CU

m.flowerr said...

@cu - long time no see?? thanks for passing by!

Preethi said...

hey it reminds me of 'Taare zameen par' bit. I remember being engrossed in my feather collection from a huge cage near my place and going home from school, late by an hour!! Got some royal thatt patt too he he heeee

m.flowerr said...

@preethi - nice reading that! thanks for dropping in!