October 23, 2007

Observation!


I have observed, “people are always on their toe to prove themselves younger then their real age”. As children we would have wanted to prove that we are old enough by assuring our Mom and Dad that we are capable of managing things. But over the years as we grow old, we behave exactly the reverse, wanting to prove ourselves younger then what we really are. Why?

One of the new joinees into my gang of peers is a little too over smart, behaving cold all 24/7*365. Her first question on our first meet over lunch was, ‘How old are you people?’.
We females don’t generally like revealing our age. I was amazed at her boldness, thought ‘if at all this was college, I wouldn’t have spared you from ‘rigorous’ ragging’. But unfortunate, sad for me and lucky her!!

That particular question of hers, although sounded funny, had been taking rounds in my head and made me wonder why is this lady asking for the age? Is she planning to help stats department, build statistics, age- wise? Sounds funny. Ain’t it?
It is a fact in reality, where a person takes pride in saying ‘I am the youngest in my group’!!
I don’t find a solid reason for this behaviour, nevertheless the culture continues.

9 comments:

Devaiah A M said...

A gal being questioned on her age can spike up so many thoughts in you ??? Oophs....Are you on BENCH ..:).. just kidding .. Take it easy policy.. :)..

Indeed the writing started up good but the excitement faded away as it was not concluded well.. :(..

Keep writing so that I keep visiting. :)..

m.flowerr said...

@devaiah - thanks for dropping by and for the comments.
Coming to the fading part,i am a blogger on the make-up and in the process of learning.
Therefore,you would have to bear with me.thanks!

Aarthi said...

I have heard people say that girls hesitate to reveal their age..but I have never felt so,, donno y, might be I dnt feel tht I'm growing old..lol..and btw thanks for dropping by and leaving ur comments in my blog....

Compassion Unlimitted said...

Bully of a different mould..thats it..putting one on defensive mode is her obvious taunt..to give in or not to give in is in your hands !!
TC
CU

m.flowerr said...

@aarthi - thanks for dropping by!lucky, you don't feel that you are growing old! haha!
keep coming

m.flowerr said...

@ cu - agreed.now,learning ways to tackle:)

Anonymous said...

Hey may be she just wanted to know how she should behave in the gang of girls.

I remember asking my peers their age, that was just to know how much respect should i bring in to my language :-)

Just Chill

m.flowerr said...

@Umesh - thanks for dropping by! may be! keep coming!

Anonymous said...

Ok lemme try rephrasing her question to bring in the feel good factor...

"How young are you people?"

:-)