May 26, 2008

Repent? Should i?


Had to stay in a lodge at Bangalore for a day on Sunday. While checking out on Monday, I do a shallow check of my belongings but unfortunately, the wireless card of my laptop is missing from its box, but I do I remember putting it there, the night before.

Filled with panic, I begin to unpack my belongings for making a thorough search. I search on and on……but the card is still missing. Then I check the card slot…………. not found.

Thinking for a while, I recall handing over my laptop to the lodge manager for an hour since I had to go out and couldn’t carry.
Immediately, I go to the lodge manager and tell him about the missing episode, but he gives me a cool and casual answer “We don’t know. You must have misplaced it somewhere Mam”. His attitude was such that, it would make every cool person’s spine boil. Filled with anger, I shout at the manager guy. He shouts back and there is a heated exchange of words.
Finally, while pushing out, I threaten him saying this incident would be the headlines in the next days paper. But he was still not budging. What guts?

My bad luck I thought and headed back home. Somehow, somewhere I had a strong urge at the back of my mind to check into the slot once again. Assuming it to be just another thought, I skipped it.
Few hours later I check my comp, and to my amazement card’s found in its slot. The only thing was its antenna had gone missing, that earlier checking went unnoticed.

As soon as I had the card in my hands, the first thing I thought was the innocent cottage guy, who had to bear with my wrath for no fault of his.
Thoughts that were running in my mind by then were – Should I call the cottage and apologise for my misbehaviour? But this ofcourse would give them an opportunity for repaying me back with all that I have told them along with interest. With all kinds of calculations I decided to keep quiet..

But at that moment what I did was right. Wasn’t i?

Or should I repent for my behaviour?

What would have been your possible reactions, had you been in my shoes?

28 comments:

Anonymous said...

I pity the guy!

m.flowerr said...

@aniket - and not me??

humbl devil said...

leave and let leave...
hehe
forget about it...happens...

m.flowerr said...

@humble - thanks will try and do!

Occasional Brilliance said...

oh no doubt i would have been pissed!!! and i would hav yelled and stuff as well. but if it ws a fault of mine, i would have at least apologised...

but you know what? ive been in these kinds of situations too many time. i've learnt the hard way that even when you are angry, you need to hold a check on what you say instead of coming to rue the flippantly uttered expletives... :(

Emaan said...

yup.. happens...
dnt worry
what would i do ? apologise.

Vineeth Kariappa said...

u expected tht guy 2 apologise (though he wasnt wrong). later u found that it was your mistake. if u want 2 be a hypocrite, your choice.

Emaan said...

ur tagged !

Akshay said...

I would have blogged about it!! thats it!! You are done...move on!! lol

ceedy said...

well just go and apologise...mistakes do happen...just remember this next time...thats more important

m.flowerr said...

@bubbles - apologise...yes i should have, but then, my ego was against it! I am not an egoistic person in general but on that particular day......anyways....

m.flowerr said...

@emaan - that's right...happens:))

m.flowerr said...

@vineeth - first time on my space....welcome here and do keep coming!

m.flowerr said...

@emaan - do check your blog for my comment lol:)

m.flowerr said...

@akshay - first time here? welcome!
coming to your comment,that's very simple and you have made things look easier.thanks and do keep visiting my blog!!

m.flowerr said...

@ceedy - sure thanks will try and do:)

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't have yelled at him at all. I would have been sure I misplaced it somewhere!

You should call him up! :)

Anonymous said...

I envy you.
18 comments!!

:(

m.flowerr said...

@kaapi - welcome on my space!!
how do you keep your control?? do let me know plzz...
btw, thanks will call that guy very soon and you do keep coming in here:)

m.flowerr said...

@aniket - yeahhh... :-)

Anonymous said...

if you just give him a call and apologise, you would feel better..
it doesnt matter if he shouts back or not.. that is secondary.. but atleast from your point of view, you have made things right...
this is the tuffest thing that we come across.. losing our dignity.. and we most often try to keep quiet and act as if nothing has happened.. i have done this too.. people with whom i should have talked and repented, i have failed to do so.. all these are stacked up somewhere...

Sunil Kosuru said...

I wish u appologise to him, be cool and dont panic what ever the situation. Move on dont ponder

Abhinav said...

great going 24 th comment

Jaggu said...

You are tagged

Jaggu said...

It happents. Thats ok. I would just call him and explain what happened, but no sorry.

m.flowerr said...

@chriz - will soon call him up...thanks!

m.flowerr said...

@sunny - sure....i will soon call him:)

Compassion Unlimitted said...

Hi,hope everything is fine with you there in bengaluru.Sorry about the happenings
TC
CU