November 21, 2007

Beware!


Had to collect my clothes given for laundry, which I did yesterday evening. By the time I started back it was a little past 6.30, and as you are aware, these months the hours of a day are less and nights longer. 6.30 in the evening is usually pitch dark. I collected my clothes and was on my way back. Holding the clothes filled bag with one hand and with wallet and a mobile in another, I set home. Laundry being situated at a short distance from the main road, with a narrow and humpy-bumpy road connecting, requires a lot of balance,strength and determination to walk over there. Weekdays, generally the lane would be deserted except to a few motorists racing across.

Coming back to my episode, had been returning back home from the laundry. Earphones in my ears with loud music coming out from it, unaware of the surroundings around me, I had been taking a nice evening walk.
Suddenly, I sensed a motor bike from behind slowing down and I felt a pull on my wallet, as if someone had been trying to pull it. But without my own knowledge, I happened to shift the wallet to the other hand and looked what’s going on. I could see a protruded hand. The great bike wallah had slowed down his bike and had tried his hand on my wallet. Good luck, and I was saved by my own wit. God forbid, if at all I would have lost my wallet gone would be my ATM card, PAN card and a small amount of money. Process of applying and the wait for a ATM and PAN takes your sweat off.
Wanted to note down the bike number, so that I could put it on my blog, but unfortunate, at that giffy moment nothing clicked to me and it was only after he was out of sight, I remembered about blog thingy. As the bike guy went past me, all I could see was a pulsar bike, helmet clad fellow, with a rich black jacquet wearing a reebok shoe which perhaps show-cased some amount of dignity. Does this incident mean all of his belongings are stolen ones?? Probably. I take it to be a yes! And how I had wished, his bike would take a sudden stop and wouldn’t start at all, so that I could go and give a stare into the eyes of this GENTLEMAN……

But it was different here. He was gone hail and happy with his attempt to flick and maybe with more confidence to be successful with his next attempt……

13 comments:

Aniket said...

lucky escape!
and nice post, nice style of writing. enjoyed reading it!

m.flowerr said...

@aniket - thanks for dropping by! glad you liked the posting!

The Artist said...

escaped by a stroke of luck....nice blog...

m.flowerr said...

@the artist - first time here?welcome to my space and thanks for the comments.keep coming!

Devaiah A M said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Devaiah A M said...

Narrated very well.. Woh Joh Bolthey Hai na.. EK DHUM JHAKAAAAASSSSSSS....

Be cautious dear and stay safe..Take care

cheers
Devaiah A M

m.flowerr said...

@devaiah - thanks for that.will take care!

Aarthi said...

Hey that was a nice blog but do be careful and take care dear..Thank God the GENTLEMAN was GENTLE enough to not harm you...:)

m.flowerr said...

@aarthi - thanks a tonne dear! will take care!

aMus said...

i too thought for a while..thank god it was just the wallet...an dnot you!! do take care esp. after dark!!!

m.flowerr said...

@thinking - sure thanks, i shall!

Unknown said...

Some tips

Write down your bank account and credit card numbers on a paper and keep it in a safe place at ur home. Donot carry your pan card in your wallet. Carry a photocopy instead if you are particular. Applying for a atm card is simpler than getting a PAN card duplicate. If you have two credit cards, leave one at home. Keep some money at home too for emergency so that even if you lose your wallet, you can survive for the next two three days

m.flowerr said...

@umesh - thanks for stopping by!shall follow your advice.thanks for that!